Sifteo, one of our portfolio companies located in San Francisco, is seeking a Marketing Lead to help deliver a new interactive play and learning system to consumers. They are looking for someone who can develop and execute a focused messaging and outreach plan, who can build and deliver a quantitative marketing program, who can build the right channel relationships, and who is excited about jumping into a start up environment. You’ll be working with the co-founders and the product team, and you will be responsible for the full marketing program for the product on a start-up budget.
You’ll be coming up with the taglines, building the marketing metrics, devising pricing strategies as well as making CES happen end-to-end and helping out on customer service phone calls.
For a video demo of the product, see: http://sifteo.com/
Siftables are gesture-sensitive video tiles that form a smart, distributed system for games and education. The technology has been spun out of the MIT Media Lab and has been featured on the Science and Discovery channels, presented at the TED conference, and has been written up by Engadget, Gizmodo, New Scientist and Wired.
The following is what they are looking for in an ideal candidate:
– 5+ years of professional experience in marketing consumer electronics and/or interactive games (this isn’t your first rodeo)
– organized: you are thoughtful and meticulous in all you do
– agile: you are willing to dig into (and adapt) our target customer profile as we learn more about product/market fit
– creative: you love to execute low-cost, grassroots outreach events
– writing skills: you can dash out tight copy with your eyes closed
– communication skills: you love talking to engineers and designers (maybe you are or were one), understanding their ideas, and working with them to deliver a great product
– resourceful: you can win big results on tight budgets
– decisive: you can pare away good ideas from the great ones and focus on measurable plans
Please send resumes to [email protected] with subject "Marketing Lead"