Of all the projects Startup Colorado initiated in its first year, one of the most successful was Startup Summer, a summer internship program that combined a ten-week internship at a Denver/Boulder startup with a series of evening events focused on teaching the student-participants the fundamentals of entrepreneurism. Last year 18 students worked with 14 companies in a variety of roles, from web developer to marketer.
Startup Colorado is now accepting applications for the second year of the Startup Summer program, which will be open until March 1st.
The program includes:
- A paid ten-week internship with a Front Range startup; the internship will include frequent interaction with the company founders and management team
- The Startup Summer seminar series, featuring prominent entrepreneurs teaching classes on entrepreneurship
- A weekly social event with business leaders in the community
- A close-knit community with your peers in Startup Summer
- An opportunity to interact weekly with a personal mentor experienced in startups and entrepreneurship
Like last year, Startup Summer is looking for students at colleges or universities who are aspiring entrepreneurs and want to accelerate their development by getting plugged in to one of the hottest startup scenes in the nation. Unlike last year when the program was limited to students in Colorado, we are opening the program up to any student actively enrolled at a four-year program in the United States.
If you are a student at a four-year college with a passion for entrepreneurship, or know a student who would be interested, you can get more details and apply to Startup Summer here.